Designing Healthy Living: The Chief Public Health Officer's Report on the State of Public Health in Canada 2017
Ontario Cycling Policy
The strategy describes what the Ontario Government is currently doing to ecourage cycling, as well as outlining what the Ministry will do to further advance cycling www.ebr.gov.on.ca
Coroner's Report on Cycling Deaths
A review of all accidental cycling deaths in Ontario between 2006-2010 http://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/stellent/groups/public/@mcscs/@www/@com/documents/webasset/ec159773.pdf
When Ontario Bikes, Ontario Benefits - A Green Paper on Bicycling in Ontario (Share the Road Cycling Coalition)
The Green Paper demonstrates there are a variety of important reason, rooted in research, why bicycling can and should be seen as a solution to the numerous challenges facing our society. The document provides clear advice and priorities to the Ontario government in terms of how it can and should play a role in making Ontario more bicycle friendly. www.sharetheroad.ca/green-paper-s13320
This is a new report on Active Transportation in our community. The goal of the report is to create a vision for Active Transportation locally and to act as a resource to all community members and partners working on this topic. To review a PDF copy click here.
Elgin St Thomas Cycling Master Plan
All Elgin St Thomas municipalities have now officially adopted this Cycling Master Plan. The Plan was developed by the Healthy Communities Partnership which includes representation from each of the area municipalities and staff from Elgin St Thomas Public Health.
The Elgin St Thomas Cycling Master Plan:
• identifies primarily on road cycling routes to connect each of the municipalities,
• positions our community to access additional provincial and federal dollars,
• allows our community to tap into a huge cycle tourism market,
• encourages residents to become more active and have improved health outcomes.
• provides residents who do not have access to a vehicle (due to disability, income or choice) improved safety and mobility
• connects Elgin St Thomas cycling routes with routes indentified in neighbouring Chatham-Kent and Oxford.